Justin Trudeau Must Remove Liberal MP Peschisolido from Caucus: Conservatives
July 11, 2019
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
TORONTO, ON – Today, Peter Kent, the Conservative Shadow Minister for Ethics, called on Justin Trudeau to remove Liberal MP Joe Peschisolido from caucus until the RCMP gets to the bottom of his alleged ties to organized crime. Kent issued the following statement:
“This morning’s media reports are extremely concerning. It is not appropriate for any Member of Parliament to be connected to criminals and Justin Trudeau and the Liberals can no longer look the other way. They should remove Joe Peschisolido from the Liberal caucus until the RCMP gets to the bottom of this.
“Leadership starts at the top, and Justin Trudeau has shown his caucus and cabinet that it’s okay to bend the rules to suit your own political and personal self-interests.
“Justin Trudeau was the first Prime Minister in our country’s history to be found guilty of breaking Conflict of Interest rules. Since then, there have been three other Trudeau Liberals found guilty of ethics violations. Now, we know the RCMP is probing Peschisolido and former Trudeau Liberal MP Raj Grewal.
“Justin Trudeau promised to be different. He promised ‘sunny ways,’ but clearly he is Not as Advertised.”
Trudeau Liberal RCMP Probes:
- Raj Grewal’s India Guests – The RCMP has launched an investigation into the actions of former Trudeau Liberal MP Raj Grewal. According to the Prime Minister’s Office, the RCMP has asked questions related to Grewal’s invitation of a former business partner onto Trudeau’s disastrous trip to India.
Trudeau Liberal Ethics Violations:
- Justin Trudeau’s illegal vacation to a private island – Justin Trudeau was the first Prime Minister in Canada’s history to have been found to have broken Conflict of Interest rules for two all-expenses paid vacations to a private island in the Bahamas.
- Bill Morneau’s fancy French villa – The Finance Minister was found guilty for breaking conflict of interest rules after failing to disclose the private corporation which housed his fancy French villa. This ruling came after months of ethics questions surrounding Bill Morneau’s holding of shares in Morneau Shepell which could have benefited from the Trudeau Liberal pension changes. Cla
- Clam Scam – Dominic Leblanc was found to have broken conflict of interest rules for awarding a lucrative clam fishing license to a company run by his wife’s cousin. Since then Leblanc has been under fire for his close personal relationships to five of the six recently appointed New Brunswick judges.
- The Municipal Robocalls – Just this week, the Conflict of Interest Commissioner found Trudeau Liberal MP Anita Vandenbeld in violation of the Conflict of Interest Code for using her public office to try and help get her husband elected as an Ottawa City Councillor.
Finally, it’s worth
noting that there continues to be two outstanding Conflict of Interest
investigations into Trudeau Liberals. Canadians are still awaiting verdicts on
the probes into Trudeau’s office’s involvement in the SNC-Lavalin scandal and into Raj Grewal’s actions.
For more information:
Office of Peter Kent, MP