Two years of Liberal tax hikes
Halfway through its mandate, the Trudeau government has little to celebrate and much to answer for.
Justin Trudeau’s policies are hurting the very people that he claims to want to help and Liberal tax hikes are making it increasingly difficult for Canadians to make ends meet.
A Fraser Institute report found that 81% of middle class families are paying more tax under the Liberals!
- First, the Liberals eliminated the Universal Child Care Benefit, the Children’s Fitness Tax Credit, the Children’s Art Tax Credit, tax credits for post-secondary education and textbooks and income splitting for families;
- Then they cancelled planned small business tax reductions and EI tax reductions, increased payroll taxes, and introduced a federal carbon tax;
- The Liberals also cut TFSA contributions by half, ended the Public Transit tax credit, added a new tax on Uber and raised taxes on beer, wine and spirits;
- Then they tried to tax health and dental benefits and employee discounts; and
- Now the Prime Minister is hypocritically asking middle class Canadians to pay more for his out-of-control spending while his family fortune remains untouched.
And what have these increased taxes paid for?
Luxury vacations on tropical islands for Trudeau and his friends, a secret payout to convicted terrorist Omar Khadr, and a fancy cover the for Liberals’ latest budget…
Trudeau’s tax hikes need to stop. Sign if you agree: