Ottawa, ON – Tonight, speaking virtually to party members from across the country, Leader of Canada’s Conservatives Erin O’Toole unveiled his plan to secure jobs, the health of Canadians, and Canada’s economic future.“Every Canadian deserves the security and dignity of a secure, stable, and well-paid job,” O’Toole said. “Canada’s Conservatives will enact a comprehensive jobs plan to recover the million jobs lost during the pandemic within one year – and we won’t stop there.”
O’Toole laid out Canada’s Recovery Plan with five priority areas that Conservatives will focus on, with commitments to:
- Secure jobs by recovering the one million jobs lost during the pandemic within one year;
- Secure accountability by enacting a new Anti-Corruption law to clean up the mess in Ottawa;
- Secure mental health through a Canada Mental Health Action Plan;
- Secure our country by creating a strategic stockpile of essential products and building the capacity to manufacture vaccines at home; and
- Secure Canada’s economy by balancing the budget over the next decade.
Sharing his vision at the largest convention in Canadian history, O’Toole reaffirmed his relentless focus to see Canada through the economic downturn facing the country and protect the Canadian way of life.
“Canada may be lagging in this crisis, but we will lead again,” O’Toole promised. “We will be leaders for human rights around the world. We will be leaders for equality and liberty. And, when we win the next election, we will be leaders in the pandemic recovery with job creation that ensures no Canadian, from any walk of life, gets left behind.”
Details about Canada’s Recovery Plan can be found here.