Andrew Scheer presents measures to support rural communities
September 7, 2019
The Honorable Andrew Scheer, Leader of Canada’s Conservatives, announced today specific measures he will take as Prime Minister to help rural communities across the country.
“Our commitment is clear: We will help all Canadians to
get ahead. We know that what makes our country beautiful and ensures our
prosperity are not just our big cities. It is also all towns and villages
across the country, outside big centres, that contribute every day to our
collective wealth,” said Scheer.
With our plan to support rural communities, a Conservative government will take the following measures:
- Ensure that all regions receive their fair share of infrastructure funding with a budget specifically for them.
- Appoint a Minister of Rural Affairs.
- Appoint a Quebec MP responsible for the Agency for the economic development of the regions of Quebec.
- Ensure that all Cabinet decisions have a rural perspective.
- Ensure that government programs consider the life conditions and unique experiences of Canadians in rural regions.
“Trudeau’s Liberal government neglects rural communities. With our plan, we want to put them back at the center of our decision process. We simply cannot afford four more years of Liberal broken promises,” concluded Scheer.